Bejewelled with swaying palms, carpeted in white sand, she is back and she is not afraid to make a splash. The Iconic Resort of Mauritius nestled on a pristine private peninsula, is the ultimate tropical playground for romantics and adventurers alike. At the northern tip of the renowned Belle Mare coastline, you’ll find One&Only Le Saint Géran, undoubtedly the best place to stay in Mauritius.
The legendary ‘Grande Dame’ of Mauritius nestled on a pristine private peninsula, is the ultimate tropical playground for romantics and adventurers alike. One&Only Le Saint Géran is surrounded by tropical palms and lapped by impossibly blue, tranquil seas. Recently reborn, our much-loved Dutch colonial-style architecture has been carefully restored and complemented with traditional Mauritian stonework, select pieces of local art, sublime modern design and idyllic spaces framing mesmerising views.
SHE’S BACK AND SHE IS NOT AFRAID TO MAKE A SPLASH
More than forty years after her doors first opened, the iconic ‘Grande Dame’ of Mauritius is taking a little time out to undergo a transformation that will enhance all we have loved about her, and deliver more than we ever imagined she could. From brand-new restaurants and inspired dining concepts, to revolutionary inside-out living quarters, and jawdropping public spaces, she’s set to re-define ultra-luxury living in Mauritius just as she did all those years ago. What she’ll retain, are those irreplaceable assets; the famously generous hospitality of longstanding staff, the exclusivity of her own private peninsula, and the unrivalled views that will make every re-imagined space worth the wait.
Facilities and Services
Stay 7 nights in a Lagoon Room, including bed & breakfast, return economy flights and transfers
Couple Offer 2019 - Book By 31.08.19
Complimentary upgrade to half board basis from 22 May to 05 October 2019 (Excluding Drinks).
Complimentary 1-hour couple spa treatment at One & Only Spa per stay.
Daily one complimentary sundowner cocktail of the day at la Pointe per person, as from 17hr30.
(Terms and conditions apply).
THE ART OF LIVING - EXTRAORDINARY, EXPANSIVE, EXOTIC
A cool, contemporary beach-inspired aesthetic in hues of sun-bleached sand and ocean blue is brought alive with vibrant blooms in spaces of effortless beauty – the spirit of Mauritius echoes throughout. Endless views, secluded indoor and outdoor spaces and lofty marble-lined bathrooms opening onto generous dressing rooms and tranquil terraces create a perfect sanctuary and a timeless sense of home.
• 142 rooms & suites are being completely refurbished to pull mesmerising Mauritian views inside, through re-conceptualised room plans, disappearing patio doors, continuous indoor/outdoor flooring, and island inspired colour palettes that call to the natural beauty just beyond the glass.
• Spacious marble-lined bathrooms with cascading showers and indulgent separate baths will open up to cleverly designed dressing space, where everything brought has a place, and a dedicated hair and make- up station commands your attention.
• Every room & suite will feature enhanced outdoor space, furnished with elegant yet comfortable lounges facing stunning ocean, beach or lagoon views.
• Guests in suites will enjoy personalized 24-hour butler service.
• Newly created 2 and 3-bedroom suites with interconnecting options offer the perfect havens for families to balance together time with personal space and privacy.
• Villa One: The secluded 2-Bedroom villa with private pool and direct access to the beach, will come alive following this contemporary refurbishment, and continue to offer unrivalled privacy and service, with dedicated staff from butlers to private chefs.
The Restaurants & Bars
DINING FOR ALL FIVE SENSES - A Landscape of Flavours
The freshest ingredients are awakened in dramatic spaces framing majestic ocean views. For carnivores, we’ve reimagined Prime to evoke an industrial, ultra-modern aesthetic, while the spoils of authentic ovens, from tandoor to pizza, are savoured in the open-air pavilions of La Terrasse. Unique Japanese fusion tastes from Tapasake will delight all palates, and coconut embers infuse La Pointe’s seafood with authentic Mauritian flavours.
Our celebrated steakhouse serving the finest Australian Angus Wagyu beef, fresh seafood and local produce will come into its own with a new rustic aesthetic that incorporates open food preparation stations, impressive wine displays, and a new ‘water courtyard’ seating area.
The most breathtaking lagoon venue with over-water seating will offer a completely original fusion menu that blends the concept of Spanish tapas with exciting pan Asian flavours, for a truly unique experience.
In our much loved, main restaurant, chefs will prepare a wide range of delicious local and international specialities before your eyes in brand new open kitchen stations. At the same time, re-modelled al fresco dining pavilions will sit atop outdoor water features for a stunning open-air dining experience.
This new artisanal bakery and coffee shop provides the perfect haven to enjoy informal, light fare, from fresh salads, to hand-made sandwiches and pastries, at any time of day.
Beach side eating takes a delicious turn at our new Palm Grove venue, where the daily catch will be grilled over firewood for that authentic barbeque flavour, with an authentic ‘feet in sand’ atmosphere.
Entertainment & Bar
A sensational open-air lounge surrounding the central infinity pool will provide flexible space for enjoying cocktails in or around the water by day, and soaking up live music by night, dancing over illuminated water features or singing along as you dine in La Terrase
Our silver sands provide the perfect romantic setting for a bespoke dining experience, while our completely unique and elegantly appointed Tipi sets the tone for extraordinary private celebrations under the Mauritian sky.
TIME TO PLAY, SPACE TO BE
• With a stunning new pool being instated at the tip of the peninsula, a total of three pools will offer families, couples and spa visitors their own dedicated spaces to relax and enjoy the unique atmospheres. Almost two kilometres of pristine sands line our stunning coast and tranquil lagoon, providing endless locations for guests to claim as their own as they take in the beauty of the Indian Ocean and enjoy enchanting swimmable waters.
• Club One is the exciting new hub for all things active, home to our Kids Only club and One Tribe for teens, as well as a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre, two Henri Leconte Padel Courts (a first for Mauritius), three floodlit Tennis Courts, Mini Golf, Football Playground, a Spinning Room, and multi- functional activities room for meditation, Zumba and beyond!
• With a lagoon that longs to be played in, our brand-new boat house will provide a wide variety of complimentary activities including water-skiing, Hobie Cats, kayaks, snorkelling, windsurfing, water bikes, glass bottom boat trips, paddle boarding and more!
• Discover a Mauritius that was not expected through a unique journey. The Resort has designed for you exquisite experiences to discover the real Mauritius.
• Bow Fighter Archery Combat: Discover 'Bowfighting', a new fusion sport that combines the intensity and drive of Paintball with the classic skills of Archery. A thrilling group activity sure to create memories.
• Mountain bike guided tour 5km morning run
• Table tennis
• Beach soccer and volleyball
• Giant Outdoor Game including: Jenga, Chess, Bowling, Checkers, and Connect 4
• The resort is near the site of the legendary Le Saint Géran shipwreck, immortalized in Bernardin de Saint Pierre’s novel. The clear waters around the island make this a superb dive destination. The protection afforded by the reef creates ideal conditions for novices and snorkelling pleasures.
Suba Diving Courses:
• The Dive Centre offers guided diving and introductory courses. It is certified as a PADI Gold Palm Resort Dive Centre and a 100% Project Aware Member. Professional PADI Instructors are all equally passionate Divers and Dive Teachers. Courses are taught from basic Scuba Demonstration for the completely uninitiated up to professional level Divemaster in English & French.
• Southeasterly trade winds dance across the Indian Ocean making One&Only Le Saint Géran an oasis for Laser and Hobie cat sailing. Cut through the surf and ride high above the waves, kite surfing in one of the most famous spot of the world.
• Ride the wake behind one of our high-powered speedboats, with tubing, flying fish, and one-on-one water skiing.
• The calm waters of our enchanting lagoon provide ideal conditions for paddleboards, kayaks and Hobie eclipse.
• Experience deep sea fishing in Mauritius in the best possible conditions. On board our professionally equipped boat and chase marlin, sailfish, tuna, wahoo, barracuda and giant trevally among others.
The absolute pinnacle of luxurious Mauritian living.
The finest of all ocean villas in Mauritius. Nestled amongst stunning tropical gardens with sublime Indian Ocean views, indulge in the exclusivity of your own private estate, complete with a dedicated butler, chef and valet to cater to every whim.
Villa One Features
With exceptional island-inspired interiors and ultra-modern amenities, this expansive, stand-alone, two-bedroom villa boasts clear views of the Indian Ocean beyond the spectacular swimming pool and terrace. An indulgent space for families or friends seeking the best place to stay in Mauritius.
Dimension: 622 Sqm/ 6695 Sqft
Occupancy: 4 Adults + 2 Children
Bed Type: 1 King-Size Bed and 2 Queen-Size Beds
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
• The blissful One&Only Spa, nestled in lush tropical vegetation, will undergo extensive renovation to add private gardens with outdoor showers to some treatment rooms, and create an exquisite new bridal suite. Continuing to partner with the award-winning ESPA brand, it will remain an iconic haven for luxurious treatments inspired by indigenous techniques.
• A stunning yoga pavilion will provide an inspiring space for al fresco yoga and mindful outdoor exercises from sunrise to sunset.
• Fresh, healthy and organic menus will be curated by our world-class chefs to compliment any wellness agenda with inventive and tasty alternatives.
• Three famous partnerships will complete the extensive and diverse wellness offering: Exclusive facial treatments with Biologique Recherche, Mani: Pedi: Cure by Bastien Gonzalez, and Harmonia by Francesc Miralles, a highly respected Chinese medicine authority and practitioner
We also Recommend
Stay 7 nights in a Deluxe Ocean View room, including bed & breakfast, return economy flights and transfers
Couple's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Junior Suite including bed & breakfast basis, return economy flights and transfers
Couples's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Junior Suite, including bed & breakfast basis, return economy flights and transfers
Couple's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Tropical Room, including bed & breakfast, return economy flights and transfers
Couple's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Superior First Floor Room, including half board basis, return economy flights and transfers
Couple's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Standard Room, including half board, return economy flights and transfers
Couple's Offer: Stay 7 nights in a Standard Garden Room, including half board, return economy flights and transfers
Stay 7 nights in a Garden View Room, including bed & breakfast basis, return economy flights and transfers.
Stay 7 nights in a Superior Room, including bed & breakfast, return economy flights and transfers.
Stay 7 nights in a Superior Room, including bed & breakfast, return economy flights and transfers.